WELLNESS MINDFULLY–THE BODY KNOWS
Dr. Yinhsu Liu is a Naturopathic Doctor and a Registered Dietitian providing holistic wellness consultation to patients around the world. She is one of the few Naturopathic Doctors who has the dual degree of N.D. and R.D. as well as further training in biofeedback as approved by Biofeedback Certification International Alliance. In addition, she has received extensive training in craniosacral therapy with Dr. Faith Christenson as well as completed a two-year certificate program in homeopathy with Dr. Paul Herscu and Dr. Amy Rothenberg of the New England School of Homeopathy.
Born in Taiwan and grew up in the east coast, Dr. Liu has travelled extensively for professional and volunteer work across the globe. Most recently, she was a resident Naturopathic consultant at Chiva-Som, the world-renowned health and wellness resort in Thailand. Prior to her overseas work, she practiced holistic wellness care in New York and Los Angeles. Her unique background and diverse experiences over the years have allowed her to connect and help a range of clienteles in achieving a holistic wellness mindset and lifestyle. Dr. Yinhsu is excited to be back in the Pacific Northwest where she’ll continue to help individuals as a Naturopathic doctor and coach to achieve holistic wellness goals.
- Inner 8 Wisdom, PLLC, Washington, U.S.A.
- Item Writer for Clinical Science in Psychology for Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Eaminations (NPLEX) and North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners (NABNE)
- Speaker for WeSmart INC, deliver health and wellness information to overseas audience.
- Chiva-Som International Health and Wellness Resort, Hua Hin, Thailand
- Naturopathic Wellness Center, Riverhead, New York, U.S.A.
- Dana Foundation Forum, New York, U.S.A.
- Bernhoft Center for Advanced Medicine, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Bastyr University, Kenmore, Washington, U.S.A.
- Columbus Hospital, Newark New Jersey, U.S.A.
SERVING THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY
Since 2003, Dr. Liu has serviced and volunteered as a healthcare practitioner both in the U.S. and internationally. The breadth of coverage ranges from community hospital to low-income community clinics, low-income medical outreach, and many naturopathic and integrative medical clinics. Her multifaceted and global experiences have enriched the way she views health and wellness, particularly in emphasizing lifestyle changes.
- 2014 – Served as a wellness professional speaker at the first Dana Foundation forum in Mandarin to the Greater NYC metropolitan residents.
- 2013-2014 – Bi-weekly guest speaker at “Happy Hour” Radio Talk in NYC ICN Radio Station
- 2010 – Wrote and received a grant to travel to Cochin, Kerala, India to study Predictive Homeopathy with Dr. K.V. Shoyson and Dr. Anjitha Shoyson at the Samagra Homoepathic Hospital, a style of Classical Homeopathy as founded by Dr. Prafull Vijayakar.
- 2004 – Participated in a disaster relief distribution and basic dental education to children in Jimaní and La Romana, Dominican Republic with her long-term volunteering organization, Tzu Chi Foundation.
- 2002 to present – Provided lectures, workshops, and medical outreach consultations on healthy lifestyle through Tzu Chi Foundation at its various chapters throughout United States.
- Oasis Institute (MBSR Teacher Education & Training), Center for Mindfulness, UMass Medical School
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine • Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA
- New England School of Homeopathy
- Bachelor of Science • Nutritional Sciences • Rutgers University – Cook College, New Brunswick, NJ
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians (WANP)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Washington State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (WSAND)
- Tzu Chi International Medical Association (TIMA)
Outside of professional life, Dr. Yinhsu is an avid learner, a foodie, and has been called an “artist of life”. She enjoys practicing what she preaches by cooking wholesome meals while listening to music, practicing mindful movements, exploring creative possibilities, and continuing her lifelong passion of volunteering in Tzu Chi Foundation as a translator and wellness consultant at medical outreach. One day, she hopes to pick up photography, brush up on Spanish and learn Japanese!